24 March, 2008

The First Day of True Adulthood

Okay, so I haven't gotten the call yet, and I'm just anxiously waiting.

It might not even come this week! Which would break my heart... slightly.
But I am looking forward to opening it, and hopefully opening it soon!

Thanks, Bob and Dad for the Birthday Present! I love it:)


Ooookkkay. Time to talk about what happened on the BIG 21 B-Day!

Grandma and Lorraine took Jessica and me out for lunch at Costa Vida's. The place has delicious food. Then I just did what anyone who just became an official 'Adult' does. I hung out. I decide to get my butt up for at least a little while, do some lunges in stretchy pants and whatnot...

So, I'm working out around 6pm because Lorin hadn't called me to settle a pick up time yet, and I am sweating up a slip and slide all over, and at 6:30 I get the call: "Can you be ready in 20 minutes?"
"Uh. Sure." -At this point I look at my sweat stained shirt.. and realize I'd better hop in the shower quick. Good thing I'd recently washed my hair...
So I get ready, and look all cute for our night out.
I come upstairs, and he's waiting (he's a little late, it's about 7:00 when he shows up.. but it's endearing, since he arrives just as I finish getting ready. It's perfect timing, is what it is.) with a cup of flowers. Daisies, my favorite. He's brought me flowers on all but the first date! last date he brought fake flowers. This time he brought 21 daisies in a cup-- the cup, because, let's face it..he's in college and it's just as good as a vase! haha and 21 is the obvious number..;) He explained that he couldn't find a bouquet with 21 flowers, so he bought a plant and cut them off! --pure genius.

Well, then we went outside where I got into his car, and there was a camera waiting. "We're going to document this night of debauchery".
Debauchery, if you bloggers are as unawares as I was of the meaning, I looked up on dictionary.com and it says:

1. excessive indulgence in sensual pleasures; intemperance.
2. Archaic. seduction from duty, allegiance, or virtue.

I think it fit perfectly into our night. and now there's evidence.. evidence to burn;)

Lorin took me to Mesquite. And there were many amazing moments that were had. Some too sensitive for the public eye.
So, I will leave it at that. Thanks, Lorin for a great time.

The call should come this week. I'll keep ya'll posted.
Xxo's,
Sarah Michelle

No comments: