06 March, 2008

Day of March 6, 2008

In approximately two weeks, I will know with a surety where I'm going to live the next chapter of my life.
It is surreal.

...Did I even spell that word correctly?



No matter. The beginning of this week was interesting. On Sunday, I thought Thursday would take forever to come around. Boy was I proven wrong. My days were so long, yet time sped past me.
I had one meeting after another today, but I made sure that I took the time to do what I needed to do. There was no reason to rush myself. Anything I choose to do deserves the time and effort I put into it, so I'd better do it well.
I took time to visit with a friend right before The Meeting, I gained a greater appreciation for her, and I know we became closer as we talked. She has such a great way of connecting with others, and I really admire that in her.
I was still in my street clothes, so I changed in the Institute's bathroom, hoping no one walked in as my boots and random clothing were flung haphazardly on the counter. I just left them in a nice little pile in there, for me to pick up when I came out. Why would I bring them with me into the interview?
The visit with President Johnson was so comfortable, and the spirit in the room was relaxed, and peaceful. It also fostered a good atmosphere for a chuckle or two.
I am so grateful for him. He is a good man. The interview lasted about a half hour--and I passed!

So.
It's all really happening.
*yay!*

Love, Sarah Michelle

No comments: