10 May, 2008

The Difference Between Then and Now:

I wanted to take the opportunity to refresh my memories on what I learned before I moved to college, and now. When all my experiences are done for the time being, and I am starting this new adventure... College will just have To Be Continued...

Then...I didn't know how to recognize the spirit to save my life.
Now...I know when it comes, and when it leaves.

Then...I dated chumps.
Now...I can say no. I hold myself to a standard, and I hold those who take me out to a standard. Girls notice guys with standards, and to me, nothing is more attractive.

Then...I couldn't wait to leave my parents.
Now...I miss them everyday.

Then...Advice was for suckers and dependents.
Now...I drink it up. I need all the advice I can get!

Then...I needed the Lord every day.
Now...I need the Lord every day, and know it.


Then...I didn't know about authority, and that power is given not taken.

I observed true charity. I have learned a little more about what the "real world" is. I have been a little more polished from the blackened lump of coal into the diamond I am. There are a few more polishings, pressings, and cuts to be made before I am perfected. And I can't wait to look back a few more years from now and look and how much closer I am to perfection.

No comments: