16 April, 2008

Busy Week(s)

So the hardest part of the semester has arrived. The last 3 weeks. The 3 weeks that will determine the pass or fail in a class. The 3 weeks of piled on projects, last minute material, and hundreds of students gathering in the library to study. Little do the students know that during finals week the last place they should study is the library- it's more of a social feast than good study time. Nothing gets accomplished but a few hellos and conversations with long lost fall semester friends.
They're not really friends...but the people they sat by... maybe they had a group project together.. or ran into eachother for a few awkward conversation minutes on campus.

Sigh. I'm definitely going to miss campus.
Classes, teachers, books.. The stress is even going to be missed. I love the school atmosphere. If I could stay and learn forever, I would. There are so many people to learn such knowledge from! Not just teachers, but I have had some of the most profound talks with classmates. I could learn a few concepts from just reading the books, but in college I get to experience it. And that's where the difference lies. I get to live what I learn.

I read the talk today by President Thomas S. Monson in this month's Ensign. He gives such great counsel.
1. learn from the past.
2. prepare for the future.
3. live in the present.

and don't delay!!!
I do love my life, and I hope that I take the opportunity to really live it. Even though it's the hardest 3 weeks of the semester, it's also some of the most memorable. This is the time when we say our last goodbyes. The turnover happens soon. So let's make those memories, and make 'em good. Go big or GO HOME!!
:)
Love,
Sarah Michelle

No comments: