16 February, 2008

The week of: February 10-16

So, a lot of things happened this week, but I'll try to condense it down.

Sunday, was the fireside and various other meetings. But this fireside was extra special because Justin Osmond (Yes, definitely related to the osmonds and looks like them, too! Gorrrrge-ous...) came and spoke to us, and how we can get excited about the gospel.. which is already exciting enough! He sis a wonderful job on Joseph Smith's First Prayer in sign language, played the violin while reciting "the Masters Touch", and many other wonderful things. It was incredible to see the size of the line of people wanting to meet him. I think we were all star struck. The best part was, he spent time talking to each and every person that came up to see him. His brother is a magnificent organist, and played for us.. and his parents had also come down to see him speak. What a great family!
Monday, I had the opportunity to go to FHE and play a round of BUNCO! We had played it a few weeks ago, and I had the great privilege of being the one with the greatest amount of wipeouts... usually people don't aspire to this position of stink. But, because I was so ridiculously good at wipe-outs I got a prize! ... a candle for stinking so bad... and some butterfingers...
But this time, I got the highest score out of everyone! What a great way to redeem myself:) So I got a little squeeky bathtoy octopus and some reeses pieces. mMmm Delicious!
Tuesday, I ... I don't remmeber life on Tuesday for some reason. Oh yeah! I remember now. It was a fun night! I was asked on a date, and we doubled to La Fiesta.. afterwards we went to the Harlem Globetrotters show at the SUU Centrum, where my date left to 'use the bathroom' and when he dropped me off at home, he had a flag with a cute inscription on the back. What a sweetheart. :) I think he has earned a second date.
Wednesday--- I don't remember This day all that much, but it was fun! Oh wait, I remember now.. there was Enrichment night with the whole 3rd stake, and we had Costa Vida cater while we did a service project. So much fun- We packaged books for new mothers to read to their newborns. Sister Dettamanti and Sister Johnson were quite the team as they spearheaded this activity. Thanks to those sisters whom I didn't mention, like the Presidency, for helping us out! Great job!
Thursday- I kept thinking it was Friday because so much was going on! I basically forget every day, and then I go back remembering what happened.
Oh! It was Valentines' Day! I spent it setting up for the Institute Dance later that evening, "A Night on Broadway" ... most of it was spent tacking down a red carpet.. haha and it involved a fun trip to Wal-mart with my good friend, Mini and a nwe girl on council who is so fun, Megan. Good, good times! Aaaand then Jess and I had planned on going to a 9pm movie, so I headed over to her house so we could head over to the theaters together. I opened the door, and this little 2 year old boy was running around her living room, Cars was playing on the TV, and Jess was holding a 1 month old baby girl. I guess she was babysitting for the night! I didn't mind at all, because I was so tired... and I ended up falling asleep later that night holding the cute little baby, Rachel. At least, that's what I think her name was... she is such a sweet tempered infant.
Friday night, I spent the day just running around getting ready for the dance that night. My friend, Lorin had asked me two weeks prior at bread and soup night.. I don't know if I mentioned that story, but it was in front of.. of a very large crowd. After he had dedicated the song "I wanna Grow Old With You" by Adam Sandler, he says "Because I still have the mic, I want to take the opportunity to ask you, Sarah Michelle, since you can't possibly say no.. to the Institute Valentines Dance!"...
and my face was bright...bright B-r-i-g-h-t- red. Fun times.
After a few moments of trying to shake my head yes, and he didn't understand.. I yelled "ALRIGHT! I'LL GO WITH YOU!"

haha
serves him right...
:) I was trying to say yes with my head nod, but he couldn't read it! ah. so I went with him to the dance.

And our outfits matched! We wore black and white... and he brought me some of my favorite flowers, Gerber Daisies.
Then we danced the night away- it was so much fun! Not awkward at all... and I loved dancing with the other couples there. It was just a blast, and we were able to dance most of the slow songs together, which was nice to know that I wouldn't be without a partner on those songs.
All in all, a very very good night. I imagine that's how prom is supposed to be.. but in most high schools, people aren't very mature yet, and dances get nasty sometimes. So, it was good to be in a nice atmosphere with a very charming date.

So, today I just went and saw "definitely, Maybe" with Jessica. and I've just taken a break from cleaning the house to write this all down.
I talked with Mike and my Father in the past few days, and I miss them. I want my parents to know how much I love them! Their anniversary was on the 13th of February.
And, my friend Brittany Twitchell is now Mrs. Brittany Westwood! Chad and Brittany were married Friday the 15th in the St. George Temple. I love it:)
So, I think I'll thank the Lord for all my many blessings! Life is just so wonderful.
With All My Heart,

Sarah Michelle

No comments: